Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) Recruitment for Programme Officer, Anti-Corruption. The application deadline is 4th February, 2019.
Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa sub region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region. .
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Programme Officer, Anti-Corruption
Reporting to: Programmes Coordinator
- This position holder will provide support for the implementation of the organisation’s anti-corruption and illicit financial flows project(s).
- The candidate must be able to multi-task and implement project with limited supervision.
- S/he must have excellent writing and communications skills, demonstrate interest in anti-corruption practice and theory, and work well in a team.
- Provide support for day-to-day management of anti-corruption and Illicit financial flows project the organisation is directly implementing and those implemented by CDD partners;
- Provide support for management of partners, social groups and networks in States and local government areas where organisation’s projects are implemented;
- Work closely with the Colleagues for effective communication of anti-corruption projects’ progress with donors, partners and other stakeholders to achieve broad objectives of projects and reporting requirement;
- Provide support for the reporting of projects’ results and impacts;
- Provide support for projects’ administration such as negotiating with hotel, identification of service providers/consultants, etc. while working closely with Administrative Unit;
- Produce budget for events/workshops and assist in the development of yearly project plan; and
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the organisations and the donor agencies in the delivery of mandates.
- First degree in Social Sciences, Humanities and Law
- MSc./MA in the disciplines will be an added advantage
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- At least 2 years of professional programme management experience in programs related to anti-corruption and illicit financial flows;
- At least 4 years of work experience; and
- Demonstrated experience in working on anti-corruption programs.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills including demonstrated writing, proofreading, and research skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, establish and maintain good relationships with local partners
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop, manage and monitor project budgets
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong IT Skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward (in one document) a one page Cover letter, a maximum 3 page Resume and Referees contact details by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 4th February, 2019.