Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) Recruitment for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The application deadline is 7th February, 2019.
Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa sub region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’s specific duties will be programme monitoring and evaluation: ensuring that the programme is performing optimally to achieve established results/targets, and monitoring progress on performance indicators.
- S/he shall develop and manage the system for reporting on programme results as per monthly reporting guidelines and to donors as per donor reporting guidelines.
- S/he shall: ensure that programme plans and activities are directed towards achieving targets identified in proposal performance management plans and Annual Operating Plans; assist in negotiating with funders over indicators/performance information required from the organisation; implement and monitor a system for collecting data and information from Programme staff, partners, and sub-grantees on indicators/targets, including success stories that highlight the work of the organization.
- S/he shall be familiar with and communicate to rest of staff the basic tenets of programme Monitoring and Evaluation (such as the DFID log frame, or “logical framework” approach).
- S/he shall ensure that reports conform to specified/required formats, and that reports correspond to grant-specific as well as AOP objectives.
- First level university degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- 3+ years experience in programme monitoring and implementation
- Thorough familiarity with grant rules, regulations and requirements common to programmes funded by development cooperation agencies & foundations (such as USAID, DFID, NED, UNDP), and
- Proven abilities in programme DME (design, monitoring, and evaluation), including familiarity with best practices in use in the NGO sector to plan, monitor, and measure impact of programmes. This position requires the ability to work with a diverse team, to manage pressure effectively, and strong organizational skills are all essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page Cover letter, a maximum 3 page resume and referees contact details to: Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Oguaghamba Chinedu Steve, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- No phone calls, please. CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2019.