Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) Recruitment for Finance Officer. The application deadline is 7th February, 2019.
Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa sub region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region. .
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Specific project accounting
- Financial reporting to donors
- Preparing corporate accounts
- Updating financial records and ensuring compliance with internal control procedures.
- Carry out bank reconciliations
- Liaising with tax authorities and other related agencies
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- The job holder must have a B.Sc in Accounting.
- Must be a professionally qualified Accountant
- At least three years hands on experience on a similar job in an IT accounting environment
- Experience in working in an NGO is very essential
- The job holder must have excellent understanding of excel, word and quickbook accounting software.
- Audit experience while not compulsory will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page Cover letter, a maximum 3 page resume and referees contact details to: Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Oguaghamba Chinedu Steve, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- No phone calls, please. CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2019.