Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for nBwatiye Community Development Association Recruitment for Support Staff. The Application deadline is 18th January 2019.
Bwatiye Community Development Association is a community based organisation of Bwatiye people worldwide which exist for the promotion of peaceful coexistence, unity and overall socio-economic growth and development of its constituent communities in partnership with; the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA), which is a grant making and advocacy foundation that is part of the global Open Society Foundations Network which works to support innovative interventions with effective strategies that respond to the broader deepseated political, justice and socio-economic roadblocks to open society in West Africa
Job Title: Support Staff
Location: Numan, Demsa, Lamurde, Guyuk, Shelleng, MayoBelwa and Girei – Adamawa
Specialization: Research / Documentation
Industry: NGO / International Agencies
Job Type: Short Term Contract
Slot: 2 Openings
Reports to: Lead Researcher
- This position is funded as part of the OSIWA support and innovative intervention strategy to restore peace and harmony to the farmers and pastoralists in Adamawa state, Northeast Nigeria.
- Project Title: “Documentation of Mass Atrocities in Numan Federation, Adamawa state.”
- Applicants for the project are expected to be drawn from the seven local governments areas affected comprising Numan, Demsa, Lamurde, Guyuk, Shelleng, Mayo Belwa and Girei.
- General objective of the project is to restore peace in Numan Federation and other surrounding communities affected by the farmer/herders conflict in Adamawa state and provide a verifiable database for onward interventions towards restoration of peace.
Specifically, the project seeks to:
- Improve knowledge of drivers of the conflict in the Numan Federation.
- Provide verifiable documentation of attacks and victims of the farmers/herders crises and
- Provide factual information to the public on the dynamics and context of conflicts in the Numan Federation amongst others.
- To actualized the above objectives, Bwatiye Community Development Association has need of qualified and committed project staff members to fill in the position above.
- The Support Staff will provide all required logistics, procurement, administrative and general program support to the Lead Researcher.
- Provide secretarial and clerical support to theLead Researcher;
- In collaboration with the relevant units, coordinate and manage logistics for internal and external meetings, workshops, and other program activities as needed;
- Together with other project team members, track, harmonize and provide updates on project events to ensure there are no overlaps and ensure the Lead Researcher is aware of all key activities;
- Assist the Lead Researcher to send out routine communication to staff and external stakeholders;
- Undertake ad hoc inquiries (using standard/non-standard databases), retrieve, manipulate and present data efficiently;
- Attend meetings, drafts minutes and ensures timely approval and distribution;
- Draft routine correspondence and proofread materials in English, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills;
- Identify and resolve diverse issues as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application;
- Proactively reminds the Lead Researcher and other team members of future project events/meetings and workshops and manage the Lead Researcher’s schedules;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social, Business Management, Public Administration or related discipline is required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience performing related task in similar projects;
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to details is essential;
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and standard office equipment (scanner, photocopier, printer, projector etc.)
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken) in English language and one or more Nigerian language(s) is required (preferably Bwatiye/Hausa);
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV (not exceeding 2 pages), a Letter explaining your interest in your preffered position and detailing relevant achievements, and the contact information for 2 references (employers, traditional leaders, etc) to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 18th January, 2019.
Note: Bwatiye Community Development Association is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from affected communities in particular are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.