Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for nBwatiye Community Development Association Recruitment for Researcher. The Application deadline is 18th January 2019.
Bwatiye Community Development Association is a community based organisation of Bwatiye people worldwide which exist for the promotion of peaceful coexistence, unity and overall socio-economic growth and development of its constituent communities in partnership with; the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA), which is a grant making and advocacy foundation that is part of the global Open Society Foundations Network which works to support innovative interventions with effective strategies that respond to the broader deepseated political, justice and socio-economic roadblocks to open society in West Africa
Job Title: Researcher
Location: Numan, Demsa, Lamurde, Guyuk, Shelleng, MayoBelwa and Girei – Adamawa
Specialization: Research / Documentation
Industry: NGO / International Agencies
Job Type: Short Term Contract
Slot: 10 Openings
Duration: 4 months with possibility of extension. (Contract extension will be subject to performance and validity of the Project Estimate
- This position is funded as part of the OSIWA support and innovative intervention strategy to restore peace and harmony to the farmers and pastoralists in Adamawa state, Northeast Nigeria.
- Project Title: “Documentation of Mass Atrocities in Numan Federation, Adamawa state.”
- Applicants for the project are expected to be drawn from the seven local governments areas affected comprising Numan, Demsa, Lamurde, Guyuk, Shelleng, Mayo Belwa and Girei.
- General objective of the project is to restore peace in Numan Federation and other surrounding communities affected by the farmer/herders conflict in Adamawa state and provide a verifiable database for onward interventions towards restoration of peace.
Specifically, the project seeks to:
- Improve knowledge of drivers of the conflict in the Numan Federation.
- Provide verifiable documentation of attacks and victims of the farmers/herders crises and
- Provide factual information to the public on the dynamics and context of conflicts in the Numan Federation amongst others.
- To actualized the above objectives, Bwatiye Community Development Association has need of qualified and committed project staff members to fill in the position above.
- Collects various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects.
- Keeps record of information obtained during research.
- May include a database of Information, hard files.
- Conducts research of the literature.
- Independently conducts technical research.
- Conducts analyses of data Interprets, draws conclusions, and discusses with Lead Researcher
- Prepares various reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content that may be gathered from the field/investigations.
- Collaborates With other researchers.
- Presents research material to the Lead Researcher and other staff, when needed.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
The successful candidate will possess some or all of the following characteristics:
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- BA or MA in Social Sciences or a relevant field,
- One to three years working experience preferable
- Excellent command of English Language (spoken and written), documentation, report writing and publishing.
- Willingness to travel at short notice
- Proven record of successful interaction with individuals from a diverse array of backgrounds, including community leaders/traditional leaders, women, youth, etc;
- Demonstrable experience conducting and analyzing field research and being a part of a research team
- Knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Power point and Excel; SPSS and other statistical softwares
- Experience in program management and logistics;
- Punctuality, intellectual curiosity, willingness to take initiative, multi-tasking, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV (not exceeding 2 pages), a Letter explaining your interest in your preffered position and detailing relevant achievements, and the contact information for 2 references (employers, traditional leaders, etc) to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 18th January, 2019.
Note: Bwatiye Community Development Association is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from affected communities in particular are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.