Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Recruitment for Program Officer I. The application deadline is Friday, 25th September 2020.
Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviours and five providers targeted behaviours in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer I
- The Program Officer I – Social & Behavior Change will be responsible for ensuring mass and mid media plans are implemented at the state level and are integrated with community mobilization plans.
- S / he will work closely with the State Coordinator and the Social Mobilization Officer (SMO) to ensure an integrated approach to messaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with broadcasters in the state to ensure broadcast compliance of BA-Nigeria spots; inform the national office immediately if a broadcaster deviates from the agreed plan.
- Maintain weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA-N spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in the state.
- Contribute to the media planning process by providing guidance on channel selection
- Support media pretesting activities at the state-level
- Arrange and facilitate Listening Groups in the state in coordination with the SMO to collect feedback from target audiences on media programmes and report back to the national office.
- Coordinate mass and mid media activities with community mobilization activities through the SMO to ensure alignment where appropriate
- Provide support to programmatic research processes such as human-centred Design and Behavior Economics at the state level.
- Work with producers/broadcasters to keep track of locally produced content
- Provide ongoing technical support to local producers/broadcasters to ensure high-quality content development and delivery.
- Identify new media opportunities for BA-N in the state;
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum of HND / Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience working with donor-funded projects related to radio / TV production
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Yoruba languages
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Professional knowledge of Audio recording and editing software, especially Adobe Audition
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a PDF copy of their CV to: using the “Program Officer I – Social & Behavior Change, Oyo” as the subject of the email.
Application Instruction / Notice
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CVs must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: ADAMU ISA).
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately
Application Deadline Friday, 25th September 2020.