Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for BitPesa Recruitment for Payment Operations Associate.
BitPesa is a pan-African platform redefining how businesses make payments to and from sub-Saharan Africa. Focused on using cutting-edge blockchain technology to increase efficiency across markets, BitPesa opens corridors for business payments and trade between Africa and the rest of the world..
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payment Operations Associate
- The Payment Operations Associate is responsible for customer payments, cash reconciliation, assisting with trade confirmations, basic accounting tasks, and ad hoc projects. Supports the Finance and Trading team with issues related to payments.
- Maintain a statement of accounts for MTO clients
- Provide support to customer support
- Confirm payment request and process according to policies
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding payment issues
- Work with payment providers, customer service, and finance department to research customer payment issues such as missing payments, invalid account details, or discrepancies
- Verify customer payments and provide proof of payments
- Queue payments in various portals (BP website, bank platforms, payment processors)
- Work with the trader and customer service team to process customer transactions
- Approve payments for customer transactions and treasury trades
- Verify deposits across all our bank partnerships
- Produce cash flow projections for float management
- Recommend cash management strategies to help optimize float
- Assist with reconciliation research
- Work closely with the accounting department to resolve reconciliation issues
- Work closely with the data analyst and trader to maintain transaction data integrity
Bank Account & Payment provider Administration:
- Provide transaction documentation to our multiple bank partners
- Help open new bank accounts including documentation submission
- Help optimize the treasury system through banking and payment partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and self starter.
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast past environment
- Numerical, good attention to detail, flexible.
- The applicant should possess a University degree
- Have at least 3 years of experience of working in accounting, finance or Treasury Back Office environment.
- Should be particularly good at handling reports and all the relevant data and information.
- Should have excellent communication skills and should be able to convey all the important data received from the front end to the back end.
Competitive. Monthly salary to be determined based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply