Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Baobab Microfinance Bank Recruitment for Account Officer.
Baobab is an investment company in microfinance, created in July 2005 by Planet Finance, established in Paris. Baobab’s mission is to provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs unserved or underserved by the traditional financial sector by building a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Reporting line: Head of Finance
- Communicating with customers is a regular duty of this job.
- Sends bills to customers; processes refunds; interacts with collection agencies on past-due accounts; and, works to resolve billing disputes.
- Create and monitor internal auditing procedures and to solve problem when accounting numbers are not in sync
- Any other function as assigned by Management
- An accounts officer manages the financial bookkeeping of a business or organization.
- Processes invoices, records payments, and track expenses of the organization.
- Supervises other staff members who assist with the bookkeeping duties.
- Attention to detail is paramount.
- Each expense must be cross-checked with the corresponding invoice, to ensure that the billing is accurate.
Qualification and requirements
- Have experience in financial reporting.
- Solid knowledge of Financial Accounting and Proficient use of Google App
- Fluent English.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or other related fields.
- Minimum 1-3 years auditing experience in a microfinance institution or a bank.
Job Title: Audit Officer
Reporting line: Head of Audit
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded, summarized and reported
- Accordingly and Protect the confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and using discretions in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Lead and coordinate internal audit missions and Prepare a report of audit missions
- Ensure timely regulatory reporting and any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Head of Internal Audit
- Any other function as assigned by superiors.
- Monitoring the internal audit system
- Conduct regular internal audit of the bank, Assist in reconciliation and the analysis of transactions.
- Conduct client visits on a regular basis, Conduct investigations on alleged irregularities/fraud.
- Assist in monitoring the business function of the branches and reporting all material findings and preparing appropriate recommendations for corrective actions.
- Ensure proper safeguard of assets and its effective utilization.
Qualification and Requirements
- Have experience in financial reporting
- Solid knowledge of internal control systems and Proficient use of Google App
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or other related fields
- Minimum 1-3 years auditing experience in a microfinance institution or a bank
- Good integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-Motivated at work
- Computer proficiency and technical skills
- Sense of responsibility and judgment
- Excellent critical sense
- Excellent analytical skills
- Rigorous and unbiased
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resume to CC using the “Job title” as the subject of the email