Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for BAO Systems Recruitment for Technical Product Manager.
BAO Systems is the largest US-based DHIS 2 consulting and hosting firm in North America. We work at a global scale and use open source software solutions to tackle the tough challenges faced by organizations across a variety of sectors including health, education, sanitation, refugee assistance, and nutrition.
Our team has decades of experience working with and for NGOs, government, and commercial clients around the world. We are headquartered in Washington, D.C. with staff and consultants in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. We are uniquely positioned to understand the challenges our clients face because we in-country field experience working side-by-side with our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Product Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- BAO Systems is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our growing product development team in Abuja.
- As Product Manager, you will help lead the strategic and technical direction for various products and solutions to improve workflows, data analytics/interpretation and management of resources.
- Be part of cross-functional teams – support, services and UX design to gather input, understand customer needs and bring new products to market.
- Work closely with engineering to define project scope, provide detailed requirements and convert those requirements to actionable user stories.
- Assist the engineering team in validating the technical solution with internal and external stakeholders.
- Safeguard project stability by clearly managing expectations with stakeholders (external clients, internal project managers, etc)
- Shepherd products through various phases, from conception through follow-on maintenance and feature build out.
- Help shape and develop a compelling vision and roadmap for products that you manage
- Define and drive measurable metrics
- Fairly technical and a good understanding of modern web application technologies, standards and conventions (AWS, client-side programming, back-end)
- Passionate, yet have a strong analytic ability with desire to make data driven decisions
- Highly organized and fluent with product management and software tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Extremely comfortable managing and prioritizing sprints and prepared to handle unforeseen challenges that may arise.
- Thorough at creating documentation for all phases of a project, from gathering business requirements to translating those into technical requirements.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- BS degree in a technology-related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working with Jira; from project setup to daily management
- Experience developing products in a SaaS environment
- Technical chops, but also excellent soft skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of web standards and frameworks (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Love of charts and data visualization, both custom solutions and off the shelf software such as Tableau and PowerBi
- Experience with internationalization as it relates to content and UI
- Experience working with International NGO’s and/or in the public health sector
- Familiarity working with and releasing open source software
- Understanding of DHIS 2 or other open source Health Information System projects
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: