Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) Recruitment for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The Application deadline is 5th April 2019.
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a national, non-governmental organization established in 1989 and registered in 1991. As one of the leading indigenous non-profit organizations in Nigeria, ARFH is committed to improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – RASuDiN Project
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reporting to: The Program Manager and the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze state data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, project’s training database, and programmatic progress updates that documents achievements on a regular basis.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports, journal publications, proposal writing and assessment reports, human success stories and quarterly fact sheets.
- Provide technical support to the project, SMOH, Family Planning units, and other Government of Nigeria entities in the conduct of surveys for Family Planning programs, including development of survey instruments, survey implementation, data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the M&E Manager.
- Provide technical support and oversight on monitoring and evaluation of the RASuDiN project
- Ensure that the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the project’s implementation plan and meets the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Provide technical support to state officers in ensuring that programmatic data/indicators are accurately captured, and reported according to set guidelines.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various fora on program achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in Family Planning, Sexual Reproductive Health or related health fields and programs in developing countries: and working experience with USAID, BMGF, DFID, UNFPA or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Applicants must have a University Degree in any of the following related field: Medicine, Pharmacy, Statistics, Demography and Public Health.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline 5th April 2019.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).