Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for APM Terminals Recruitments 2020. The application deadline is 30th July 2020.
APM Terminals is an international container terminal operating company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands. It is one of the world’s largest port and terminal operators as well as providing cargo support and container Inland Services, and is the largest port and terminal operating company in terms of overall geographic scope.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Maintenance Workshop Electrician
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on electrical and electronic circuits, digital drive and control systems, programmable logic controllers and electrical component elements.
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown maintenance on equipment assigned to Maintenance Workshop for maintenance.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost-effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from the yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per the Examiners defect list. To ensure a safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- Service, repair, deploy, remove and stow away equipment as required using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures.
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on ReachStackers, Empty Stackers, Trucks and other plant and equipment (when required) in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- A Degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years experience as an Electrician in a container terminal engineering environment or in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries.
- Age range of 25 to 35.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience.
- Excellent visual acuity.
- Works well under pressure.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills.
- Trade test certificate in Electrical engineering.
- Have experience in Automotive Air Conditioner.
- Basic Mechanical Knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge in Electrical components, maintenance and engineering.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline 10th August, 2020.
Job Title: Maintenance Planning Manager
- Ensure all Asset Maintenance planning and scheduling processes are developed with the aim of reducing risks to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are technically planned in sufficient detail to allow execution on time, first time, every time with minimal unexpected events.
- Contribute to overall terminal reliability and operation efficiency by managing the local asset replacement, obsolescence and local planning processes.
- Manage the day to day work planning processes for Asset Maintenance activities.
- Routinely assess and ensure the best practice use of the CMMS for work order management and the overall planning and scheduling (despatch) of work and all supporting resource requirements.
- Provide close collaboration with the Warehouse team to ensure that spare parts, materials and special tool are available on a “just in time” basis to support the scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Engage with peers in the Global Asset Maintenance team, to lift the functional capabilities for asset lifecycle, in terms of design, engineering, delivery and maintenance, as a whole.
- Localize, implement and monitor global requirements for planning and work management.
- Enhance and promote best practice in strategic planning and the routine planning and scheduling of maintenance work activities by ensuring that the right knowledge is available throughout the terminals’ planning and scheduling personnel.
- Contribute to local strategic plans for development of APMT’s terminal facilities.
- Ensure priority is given to planning and scheduling of inspection, maintenance and repair activities within local terminals to safeguard asset integrity.
- Develop effective planning and scheduling processes and techniques to ensure the most effective use of available resources; labour, materials, services, tools & budget.
- Provide close collaboration with the Warehouse and Inventory Manager to ensure that best practice in supply chain management is incorporated and embedded within the global and local process for planning, scheduling and work management.
- Provide routine management of the local Planning Team and direct reports.
People / Communications:
- Lead and develop the capabilities of planning and scheduling within the maintenance planning team.
- Develop collaboration and trust between maintenance and operations teams.
- Clearly communicate asset maintenance plans, schedules and equipment downtime requirements with operations teams.
- Participate and contribute to the APMT network maintenance planning community.
- Ensure clear communication with the Local (internal) clients and the Global Asset Maintenance team, where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with APM Group values and business principle.
- Through effective planning and scheduling, identify local opportunities reduce Opex and Capex costs.
We are looking for:
- Preferably a university degree in Engineering, Planning or a related subject.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operational Asset Maintenance or Facility Management related environment.
- Understanding of Asset Maintenance planning metrics, principles, its processes and requirements.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organisation.
- Extensive Maintenance planning experience based on digital data received from the CMMS and other systems.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals software data systems and their interfaces.
- Some exposure to finance-related matters and reporting against financial objectives.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation, and assistance to meet objectives.
- Proficiency in English
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high-performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 30th July 2020.