Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Altara Credit Limited Recruitment for Logistics Lead. The Application deadline is 15th January 2019.
Altara Credit Limited (“Altara”) is a Nigerian consumer finance venture, whose core value proposition is to improve the quality of life for the average Nigerian through financing by driving financial inclusion. Altara is built on providing financing to the underbanked through our two primary business lines: product financing and asset financing. We use best in class risk management practices to offer affordable credit solutions to our customers..
Job Title: Logistics Lead
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Logistics Lead is a team leader responsible for the efficient and effective management of the supply chain, inventories or fleet assets, and distribution outlets.
- S/he would be working with the Showroom Lead and Internal Operations Lead in building a relationship with and transacting businesses with manufacturer and supplier companies to facilitate smooth sourcing and distribution activities.
- “A Logistics Lead”. In this capacity, you will be responsible for organizing the storage and distribution of products.
- Logistics lead will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time. This lead will be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of products. Understanding the supply chain is very important for this role to ensure effective coordination and collaboration with suppliers of products and manufacturers as well.
- Strategically plan and manage inventory levels, warehouse, delivery times and transportation costs
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Ensure all products from suppliers are tested and confirmed okay before they are lifted from suppliers.
- Oversee and make sure that personnel is available to move/lift goods up and into the showroom/store from the delivery van.
- Coordinating the movement of goods into and out of the company, making sure that the right number of goods ordered is moved to the right locations and to the right persons at the scheduled time
- Ensure Vehicles are in good condition: Tracking history of vehicle servicing, part replacement and repair work making sure vehicle(s) are in perfectly serviceable and working condition.
- Fuel consumption trend, history, and forecast are also properly tracked and recorded for reference.
- Accidents, should they occur, are reported, fixed in good time and promptly paid for.
- Maintain KPIs and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvement
- Prepare Monthly logistics and warehouse budget.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Allocate and manage showroom needs by efficiently managing product orders
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process delivery.
- Prepare monthly logistics budget
- Implement health and safety procedure and work on new supply strategies
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- S/he plans and coordinates warehousing and transportation of goods/stocks in the supply and distribution chain.
- Providing progress reports & issue reports to management
- Create and maintain a consistent budget across all stores
- Ensure shipping from suppliers to our various showrooms is operating efficiently and hitch free.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or any related course from an accredited university
- 2 years’ experience in the role or similar role.
- Commitment to achieving performance goals
- Great at time management, multitasking, and prioritizations skills.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication and persuasion skills
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Role will require domestic travel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates send their Resume to: email@example.com
Application should include
- Your Resume should be (1-page max)
- A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page)
- In 5 bullet points, choose 5 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of your most recent achievement or project you have completed in the past to support each point.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 15th January, 2019.