Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services Recruitment for Legal Officer. The application deadline is 30th January, 2019.
Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services is a Total Real Estate Solutions Company established to provide robust business support services to local and international Real Estate investors or owners with interests in Facilities Management, Real Estate Development and Advisory, Security Systems and Technologies, Training, Healthcare Management and Real Estate Financing Services. It was incorporated in January 2006.
Job Title: Legal Officer
- To render assistance to the Head, Legal & Company Secretary in ensuring the highest level of corporate governance within the Group, providing quality legal solutions and minimizing business liabilities, exposure and interruption arising from non-compliance with regulations.
- Assisting in pre and post-meeting activities for the Board and the Group.
- Maintenance of a checklist of regulatory filings.
- Maintenance of statutory and other related records including register of members, directors, share register for each Company within the Group.
- Conduct of legal research and constant monitoring of legal and regulatory changes.
- Dealing with correspondence, collation of information and preparation of reports.
- Liaising with external counsel and follow-up on pending litigations.
- Assisting in contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement.
- Monitoring and filing of completed contracts and other corporate documents.
- Preparation of board resolutions and extract of minutes, schedule of meetings etc.
- Contribution to the development and improvement of the Legal Services Unit and Company Secretariat.
- Carrying out of other duties, properly assigned, as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the job.
- Status: Permanent
- Academic: LL.B and B.L Degrees as well as membership ICSAN and must have completed the compulsory NYSC programme.
- Candidates: Candidates should have strong proficiency in French language & English Language.
- Work Experience (number of years and kind required): Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a busy environment, preferably a law firm.
- Good grasp of relevant laws and hands-on interpretation and application of company secretarial issues.
- Excellent communication, research presentation and analysis skills.
- Proven ability to determine priorities, cope with high volumes of work, plan & organize workloads, set targets, meet deadlines and achieve high standard results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th January, 2019.