Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment for Medical Doctor – Gyneco/Obstetrician. The Application deadline is 5th May 2019.
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor – Gyneco/Obstetrician
Location: Monguno, Borno
Contract Duration: 6 months.
Start date: ASAP.
Line Manager: Project Medical Referent – MTL
- Implement gynecological and obstetrician procedures, performing any other prior treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology risks.
- This will be done in accordance with ALIMA policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services.
- Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff, the management.
- Provide health care related to gynecology and obstetrics to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ensure the implementation of ALIMA clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices.
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists.
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department.
- Treat chronic diseases or disorders.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Administer non-intravenous medications.
- Prescribe treatments or therapies
- Prescribe medications.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients’ health and deliver babies safely.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Explain medical procedures or test results to patients or family members.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Monitor patient progress or responses to treatments.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers.
- Advise communities or institutions regarding health or safety issues.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary
- Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
- Direct and coordinate activities of midwives, nurses, midwife assistants, and other medical staff.
- Participate to medical morning meeting in collaboration with other facilities
- Supervise patient care personnel in BEMONC and CEMONC
- Consult with or provide consulting services to ALIMA staff
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Advise medical personnel regarding healthcare issues.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses.
- Direct healthcare delivery programs.
- Prepare ALIMA reports on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations
- Prepare official health documents or records.
- Conduct research to increase knowledge about medical issues.
- Physicians who provide medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and those who diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. May also provide general medical care to women.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
- Collect medical information from patients, family members, or other medical professionals.
- Record patient medical histories
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- Care for women during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Treat diseases of female organs.
Requirement and Skills
- Essential, Medical doctor diploma with Gyneco-obstetrician practice skills.
- Essential at least 2 year certified work experience in Gynecology
- Desirable previous experience with ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Essential mission language; local working language would be an asset
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit online their Cover Letter, CV with color Picture and Qualifications with contact details to ALIMA’s recruitment email:
Submit hard copies to ALIMA’s Office:
No. 2 Jinn Road,
Off Damboa Road, Behind UNHCR Office.
House No. A3 20 House,
Application Deadline 5th May 2019.
- Please mention the job reference in a capital letter on your application subject or on your envelope. “e.g MEDICAL DOCTOR GYNECO / OBSTETRICIAN – Monguno” in the subject line.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.