Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment for Web Assistant (Short Term Staff), PCER2. The application deadline is 12th February 2020.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) or Banque Africaine de Développement (BAD) is a multilateral development finance institution. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund. The AfDB’s mission is to fight poverty and improve living conditions on the continent through promoting the investment of public and private capital in projects and programs that are likely to contribute to the economic and social development of the region. The AfDB is a financial provider to African governments and private companies investing in the regional member countries (RMC). While it was originally headquartered in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, the bank’s headquarters moved to Tunis, Tunisia, in 2003, due to the Ivorian civil war; before returning in September 2014.
Job Title: Web Assistant (Short Term Staff), PCER2
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal;
- Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat.
- The President plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
The Hiring Department
- The Department is also responsible for enabling the Bank to understand better, how the institution is perceived both internally and externally.
- The purpose of the Department is to plan, prepare and implement public relations and institutional communication programs designed to make the Bank better known by its various audiences so as to promote social and economic development in Africa, and to establish and maintain the Bank’s credibility and good reputation as Africa’s leading development finance institution.
- He/she will provide website content, design, and operational support.
- This includes structure, product data maintenance and production of web analytics reports.
- The Short-Term Staff – Web Assistant will work within the Web team, collecting and posting Bank-produced information to various platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the immediate supervision of the Corporate Infomaster, and the overall supervision of the Division Manager PCER2, the incumbent will undertake the following Key Responsibilities:
- Graphic creation and photo design
- Updating news on the intranet
- Providing analytics data to users.
- Running basic quality check on provided contents
- Posting web content (news, press releases, speeches, events, interviews, loans and grants, blogs, videos, job vacancies)
- Posting and tagging documents
- Creating / updating web pages in categories
- Good understanding and experience using creative suites such as Adobe, particularly Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience using analytics & analysis software
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Good written and oral skills in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Web Design, Information Technology or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
- Good understanding and experience using web technologies such as Typo3, Drupal, HTML & CSS.
- A good creative eye for visually appealing graphics, websites and layouts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered short-term staff (local staff).
Application Deadline 12th February 2020.