Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment for HR Administration Assistant.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) or Banque Africaine de Développement (BAD) is a multilateral development finance institution. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund. The AfDB’s mission is to fight poverty and improve living conditions on the continent through promoting the investment of public and private capital in projects and programs that are likely to contribute to the economic and social development of the region. The AfDB is a financial provider to African governments and private companies investing in the regional member countries (RMC). While it was originally headquartered in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, the bank’s headquarters moved to Tunis, Tunisia, in 2003, due to the Ivorian civil war; before returning in September 2014.
Title: HR Administration Assistant
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Grade: GS5 /GS6 /GS7
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the HR Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation, and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
- In order to create a truly transformed HR work-way, CHHR department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and HR delivery, Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking, HR Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new HR Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
- The Short-Term Staff – HR Administration Assistant will be assigned to a moderate range of technical support assignments in HR administration.
- The incumbent will process transactions in HRIS to perform specialized tasks.
- S/he is responsible for carrying out administrative tasks related to HR administration and for assisting HR teams in providing statistics and data for decision support.
- The position holder works closely with the HR Administration Officer.
- Accountabilities are set for the HR activity in his/her area of responsibility – complex, field office or special contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the immediate supervision of the HR Administration Officer, and the overall supervision of the Division Manager CHHR2, the incumbent will undertake the following Key Responsibilities:
Provide administrative support to the administration of HR processes by:
- Preparing HR Administrative documents and decisions relating to regular and short-term staff, Technical Assistants, Secondees, Project Staff and others. These documents include new staff appointment contracts, and contract renewals, staff promotions and any other work related to contract processing.
- Maintaining templates and letters for staff separation, staff assumption of duty, transfers, promotions, contract renewals, confirmations, leave without pay and staff testimonials.
- Assisting in the process of reference checks for employees to verify a range of candidate information, including employment history, academic qualifications and security checks.
- Collecting approval of individual HR action decided, update HR master data and follow up until completion.
- Tracking staff movements within and without the Bank.
- Maintaining and updating information on probation periods and fixed-term contracts of staff members.
- Drafting statistics on recruitment, staff mobility, transfers and promotion.
- Ensuring, in liaison with Records section, that electronic and hard copy personnel files are up-to-date.
- Monitoring staff probation periods and process staff confirmation.
- Undertaking the maintenance of the contract renewals/probationary periods in the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) systems.
- Undertaking administration of staff dependents for new hires and update / changes by staff in liaise with HR Records section.
- Assisting staff members with administrative procedures for adoption.
- Working with Shared Services teams, HR Benefits; HR Payroll; HR Master Data & HR Employee Help Desk in problem resolution and treatment of queries from employees.
- Assisting in the administration of assumption of duty of Bank staff, Technical Assistants, Secondees, and Project Staff and also the administration of assumption of Staff transfers/Staff movements including Promotions, employment terminations.
Perform day-to-day office management duties and provide assistance to other colleagues in the accomplishment of Division tasks when required.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree and or its equivalent in Information Systems
- Have a minimum of four (4) years for GS5/GS6 and five (5) years for GS7 of relevant practical working experience in progressive positions.
- Good planning and monitoring skills will be highly desirable.
- A relevant and practical experience in Human Resources Management, Staff and Legal counselling will be an asset.
- Proactive, solution oriented individual, keen to resolve challenges through innovation.
- Problem solving.
- Client orientation.
- Team working and relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Good knowledge of the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SAP). Good typing skills is highly desirable.
- Ability to implement continual improvement activities to processes, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and work under a pressure.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with peers and other HR experts in a multidisciplinary multicultural team.
- Excellent levels of initiative, enthusiasm, team spirit and organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients and other team members.
- Operational effectiveness.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted.
- Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered
Application Deadline 17th January, 2020.