Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment for Fragility & Resilience Assistant. The application deadline is 14th February 2020.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) or Banque Africaine de Développement (BAD) is a multilateral development finance institution. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund. The AfDB’s mission is to fight poverty and improve living conditions on the continent through promoting the investment of public and private capital in projects and programs that are likely to contribute to the economic and social development of the region. The AfDB is a financial provider to African governments and private companies investing in the regional member countries (RMC). While it was originally headquartered in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, the bank’s headquarters moved to Tunis, Tunisia, in 2003, due to the Ivorian civil war; before returning in September 2014.
Job Title: Administrative Clerk (COGA)
Location: Libreville, Gabon
Position N°: 50064276
Publication date: 23-Mar-2020
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions. Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
- Each Regional Directorate is headed by a Director-General and is staffed with the relevant sectoral functions and administrative capabilities for the rapid delivery of services to client countries. The Regional Directorates provide overall strategic direction to country offices within the regions and are responsible for the Bank’s operations, business development, project management and overall effective delivery of the Bank’s High 5s”.
The Hiring Department:
- The various Country Office falls within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries. The Director General is accountable of the specific African region. Each Hub will house relevant operations, business development and project implementation functions and administrative capabilities in a shared service for rapid deployment into the individual countries, to help drive the overall business of the Bank effectively on the ground.
- Country Offices of the African Development Bank have been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve the performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Administrative Clerk will work closely with the administration and finance team to provide office and administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Country Manager, the Administrative Clerk will perform the following duties:
Support to the Administrative and Financial Officer:
- Monitor the files of requests for exemption from VAT to taxes on invoices for purchases and services provided to public services (customs, foreign affairs, postal service, etc.);
- Transmit and monitor the processing of files in the competent authorities of the host country, requests for tax exemption and the registration of vehicles of the international staff of the Office;
- Conduct the arrival and departure formalities at the airport for Bank officials and any other person invited by the Bank;
- Transmit and monitor the processing of visa application files, diplomatic cards and any other document of bank staff, in diplomatic missions and consulates accredited in the host country;
- Write a verbal note draft notes and any other required protocol documents;
- Support the Bank’s experts during their missions (purchase of tickets, reservation, confirmation);
Other administrative activities:
- Enter data relating to the audit and activity reports for the follow-up of the reception of said reports at the External Office (periodical);
- Compile the weekly notes on office activities and the monthly (periodic) report;
- Carry out all reproduction and reprography work;
- Welcome and monitor users of the information and documentation center (registration sheets are made, and users are registered);
- Contribute to the organization of Bureau events and ceremonies;
- Follow up on information from the national press;
- Forward letters and correspondence to post offices, government agencies and various partners;
- Enter document references, including attachments, seal, label and forward the diplomatic bag to DHL for shipment;
- Ensure the follow-up of formalities to allow withdrawals and deliveries to the office of couriers and parcels under customs;
- Build and update the database of press journalists and local media;
- Be able to work under pressure and to prioritize in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting. Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse background;
- Handling speedily and efficiently internal and external requests;
- Ability to manage simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in the use of standard equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopies, etc.);
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service focused reception and administration services;
- Be able to multi-task, excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details;
- Effective communication; highly client oriented, good team working and relations;
- Ability to operate effectively in a multicultural organization;
- Good innovative and creative approaches to activities in order to enhance performance and create added benefits for the clients and the organization;
- Integrity and confidentiality;
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Commerce, Administration or a related field, supplemented by training in secretarial functions/administration/office management;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in progressive positions, attached to an executive’s office, preferably in an international organization;
- Good knowledge of budgeting and planning is highly desirable;
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems would be an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline 6th April, 2020.
Important Information / Notice
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The position holder will be recruited at the local level and will therefore not have international terms and conditions of employment.
- Only nationals of gabon or bank member countries who have the right to reside and work in gabon will be considered for this position. The bank does not sponsor or support applications for work permits and relocations for the position in question.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct .
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.