Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for 54gene Recruitment for Laboratory Storekeeper / Inventory Manager.
54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Storekeeper / Inventory Manager
Department: Laboratory Operations
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Lab Administrator
- The Laboratory Storekeeper / Inventory Manager will be responsible for managing the inventory of all the laboratory units at 54gene.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Daily Routine
- Work closely with the procurement team to order and receive lab consumables and equipment
- Verify all requested items as they arrive and check quality and conformity against documentation
- Compare purchase orders, invoices, delivery notes with quantity of items supplied
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs
- Maintain lab inventory levels
- Work closely with Lab Managers to replenish each unit’s depleted stock
- Prepare monthly inventory reports
- Communicate with departmental managers to ensure items are replenished and maintain proper levels
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Disburse requested items/consumables to the various laboratory units
- Ensure store requisition form is signed by designated lab staff on collection of item(s)
- Ensure FIFO principle is adhered to
Education & Certifications:
- Essential: Qualified Medical Doctor (MBBS / MD) with valid practicing license
- Desirable: Master’s Degree in a health-related field
- Relevant Degree in any Science discipline
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in procurement, logistics or supply chain operations is mandatory
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Added Advantage – Proven experience as storekeeper or inventory management
- Added Advantage – Basic understanding of lab equipment, consumables and reagents
- Knowledge of Google Office (Excel) + Suite
- Good communication skills
- Adherence to time and priority management
- Authorization to work in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: